I often encounter vegetable friends very confused: why the vegetables grown on the balcony of my home look very healthy, but they do not bloom according to the time, and some flowers after a long time but do not bear fruit, very depressed. Today I'm going to share with you some of the most common reasons why home-grown vegetables don't flower and why they don't bear fruit.The following content also has some reference value for raised garden beds.
- These four main reasons may lead to the non-flowering of vegetables
(1) Not enough sunlight: Almost all flowering and fruiting vegetables need sunlight. The more sunlight, the better the flowering and fruiting condition.
Like cucumbers, they need at least six hours of light a day. Even shady fruits and vegetables need at least three hours of light, otherwise it is easy to cause no flowering or delayed flowering.
(2) Fertilizer application error: In order to flower and bear fruit, vegetables need to apply more phosphorus and potassium fertilizer. If you increase the application of high nitrogen fertilizer in the flowering and bearing stage, plants will often lead to the growth of stems or leaves, and lazy flowering.
(3) New buds or buds are eaten: many fruits and vegetables often bear aphids, there is a caterpillar also prefer to eat buds.
So when vegetables don't bloom, check to see if any insects are eating the buds or buds, and spray them with green insecticides.
(4) It may also be that the plants are not mature: some varieties of fruits and vegetables are perennial, such as pepper, eggplant, strawberry, etc., there are some perennial varieties, some may not bloom and bear fruit until the second year, so sometimes it may be the variety of problems or not yet flowering and bearing period.
In addition, frequent change disk or growth environment is too good, also easy to lead to the occurrence of non-flowering, but this situation is generally less.
Just like people, life is too easy, there is no sense of crisis. Plants bloom and bear seeds, pass on the family line, when too comfortable lazy, think no responsibility, cough ~
- The main reason why flowers do not bear fruit
The common problem in growing vegetables is that they bloom but don't bear fruit, which is annoying enough.
For example, often encountered food friends complain that their tomatoes, beans or bitter melon and so on opened a lot of flowers, but no fruit.
When flowering doesn't bear fruit, most of you think of pollination.
In fact, in addition to the failure of natural pollination (artificial pollination can be properly carried out first if there is no artificial pollination), it may also be caused by the following two reasons:
(1) Natural regulation: If vegetables only partially drop flowers, it may be the natural regulation of vegetables. Because each plant has a limited amount of nutrients, when the number of flowers is too large, it will naturally drop some flowers, so as not to be overwhelmed. This is also a miracle of nature. This occasionally happens with beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. (In fact, fruit is similar to this principle).
(2) Influence of temperature: High temperature after flowering can also be a factor. When the temperature is above 35℃ for a long time, there will be flowers fall, or bud phenomenon, or only flowers without fruit phenomenon.
This is more likely to happen with vegetables such as beans, tomatoes and peppers.
The reason is that plants suffer from too much pressure to survive. In order to protect themselves, they abandon the car to protect the handsome, which is also a natural adjustment phenomenon.
In addition, improper fertilization or watering will also lead to the occurrence of flowering and fruitless situation, we need to judge according to the actual situation, and then targeted response.
In fact, flowering and fruiting period can be some sesame paste, both can do organic fertilizer can also protect flowers, flowers and fruit leaven effect