Do you want to fertilize New York City gardenias, but don't know the best time?
Fertilizing gardenias is not as easy as it looks.The following content also has some reference value for raised garden beds.
- Gardenias require a specific fertilization time and a specific concentration of fertilized eggs.
So if you fertilize too early, they die, and if you fertilize too late, they don't flower.
If you fertilize too much, you will "burn" your plants, and if you don't fertilize enough, your gardenias won't grow fast enough or be big enough to bloom.
First, before planting
Before the first planting, it is necessary to apply sufficient bottom fertilizer, which is an important factor to ensure the growth after, even if the fertilization is not timely, there is also a bottom fertilizer to ensure the growth, there will not be weak branches, flowers difficult to open the situation. The base fertilizer can be decomposed organic manure, such as cow manure, sheep manure, or soybean residue, but it should not be directly in contact with the root system. Loam soil should be padded in the middle.
Two, prosperous growth period
It itself is very fond of fertilizer, in the growth vigorous stage, germination ability is very strong, need sufficient nutrient supply growth, every 10 days to fertilize times, types can use cake fertilizer, pay attention to pour water after fertilization, to ensure that fertilizer can give full play to its role. Although it has a need for fat, but not too much.
Three, before flowering
Fertilizer should be applied before flowering, flowers in full bloom will consume a lot of nutrients, in order to normal opening, timely application of phosphorus potassium fertilizer, the two kinds of fertilizer can help flowers form and open, but do not apply the bud again, easy to make the bud fall.
Four, change the basin
After several years of maintenance, it is necessary to replace the basin soil, in addition to the bottom fertilizer inside, but also after the plant ADAPTS to the new basin, the appropriate addition of nutrients.
Gardenia fertilization method
1, gardenia should ferment cooked bean cake, sesame paste residue, peanut bran and other fertilizer, fermentation mature can be applied acid fertilizer, but must dilute fertilizer, avoid thick fertilizer, raw fertilizer, hibernating period is not fertilized.
2, gardenia fertilization before watering to stop, fertilizing watering to pour through.
3, gardenia flower growth time planting, flowering fertilization, flowering and then add a fertilizer.
- Excessive nitrogen application results in thick branches, large, dark green leaves, but no flowers. Lack of phosphorus and potassium fertilizer will also appear flowering or wilt phenomenon.
Three, gardenia fertilization matters needing attention
Know what is good gardenia fertilizer, it is very simple, although gardenia like fat, but once can not add too much fat, must be thin fat, don't be greedy, otherwise it will cause thick branches, big leaves, dark green, lost its own appreciation effect.
Today, I'm going to teach you about the ideal time to fertilize gardenias in New York:
Hens fertilize gardenias in New York
You should fertilize gardenias at two specific times:
- You should immediately fertilize gardenias with a 10-10-10 NPK balanced fertilizer mix. Before transplanting gardenias into the ground, the fertilizer should be mixed with the soil or hole you planted them in. This will make your plants grow faster and bigger.
- The second round of fertilization should be done 6 weeks before you wish the flowers to bloom. Apply a balanced water-soluble fertilizer every 2-3 weeks until your flowers are fully in bloom. This will make your gardenias bloom bigger and more.
When not to fertilize New York gardenias
There are times when you shouldn't fertilize your plants.
- Do not fertilize seedlings less than 1 month old.
- Do not fertilize flowers without immediately watering them.
- Once flowering, do not fertilize the flowers.
How much fertilizer should I put on my plants?
The amount of fertilizer you apply depends on the type of flowers you are growing.
In general, you should:
- Always follow the instructions on the fertilizer package. Don't exceed the recommended amount.
- Apply moderate amounts of fertilizer around the flowers, not directly on the flowers or stems.
- Apply the same amount of fertilizer each time so your gardenias don't go into shock from too much or too little nutrition.