Our tasty Zucchini Sausage Casserole is a dish you'll want to prepare again and again.
The breadcrumb topping imparts a subtle crispiness to this uncomplicated supper casserole recipe, providing delightful satisfaction, perhaps even leading to friendly disputes over who gets the final crunchy spoonful!
- Cooking spray
- 12 ounces uncooked turkey sausages
- 4 medium-sized zucchinis (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) low-fat, low-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8-ounce) container light sour cream
- 4 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mixture
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. In a 12-inch skillet, cook sausages over medium heat until they turn brown; remove excess fat. Return the sausages to the skillet.
- Meanwhile, halve the zucchinis lengthwise and then slice them crosswise into 1/4-inch pieces. Add the zucchinis to the sausages in the skillet. Cover and cook for 2 minutes; then remove from heat. In a small bowl, blend the soup and sour cream; stir them into the sausage mixture. In a large bowl, toss the stuffing mix and broth together until moistened.
- Spoon half of the stuffing mixture into the prepared baking dish. Layer with the sausage mixture. Evenly spoon the remaining stuffing mixture over the sausage blend. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake, covered, for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 20 minutes or until heated through and the top is golden brown.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 11%
- Carbohydrates: 32%
- Protein: 15%