Share your love of gardening with garden quotes. Find your favorite gardening quotes from some of the most famous gardeners in history - they even shared some interesting quotes about life, because it applies to gardens.
The following content also has some reference value for raised garden beds.
- "I grow plants for many reasons: to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty, or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow." -David Hobson
- "Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are." -Alfred Austin
- "A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them." -Liberty Hyde Bailey
- "The love of gardening is a seed once sown that never dies." -Gertrude Jekyll
- "Gardening is the art that uses flowers and plants as paint and the soil and sky as canvas." -Elizabeth Murray
- "If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." -Cicero
- "Everything that slows us down and forces patience, everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace." -May Sarton
- "To plant a garden is to believe in tomorrow." -Audrey Hepburn
- "Though an old man, I am but a young gardener." -Thomas Jefferson
- "A garden must combine the poetic and the mysterious with a feeling of serenity and joy." -Luis Barragan
- "Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." -Marcel Proust
- "Gardening always has been an art, essentially." -Robert Irwin